PreviousPrevious
This place was occupied by a Caravanserai of 80 rooms three centuries ago. In 1825, the building was converted into a hotel. In 1838, the building was bought by the Church to open Tiflis Theological Seminary, which was open until 1905. Stalin was a student from 1894-1989.

In 1950, the building was granted to the Georgian Fine Arts Museum which became part of the Georgian National Museum in 2004.
Zubalashvilis-sastumro_-erevanski-moedani-xix-s-2_large
NextNext
1930
13 / 14
2013

TIFLIS THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY - GEORGIAN FINE ARTS MUSEUM

This place was occupied by a Caravanserai of 80 rooms three centuries ago. In 1825, the building was converted into a hotel. In 1838, the building was bought by the Church to open Tiflis Theological Seminary, which was open until 1905. Stalin was a student from 1894-1989.

In 1950, the building was granted to the Georgian Fine Arts Museum which became part of the Georgian National Museum in 2004.

Image Credit

Left Image:

  • Year: 1930
  • Source: commons.wikimedia.org
  • Photographer: Dmitri Ermakov

Right Image:

  • Year: 2013
  • Source: JumpStart Georgia
  • Photographer: Irakli Chumburidze

If you have any information on this picture, place or event, let us know.

Like Us!

Get updates for Speaking Stones and other visualizations!

14 14