PreviousPrevious
The St. Alexander Nevsky Military Cathedral of Tiflis was erected to commemorate the Russian victory in the Caucasus War against the North Caucasus mountainous peoples and was named after the medieval Russian Saint Alexander Nevsky. It was initially sponsored by the high priest of the Caucasian Army Sergey Gumilevsky, Military Governor Count Sheremetev and Grand Duke Mikhail Nikolayevich. It was constructed during the Imperial Russian rule from 1871-1872 and 1889–1897 and demolished by the Soviet authorities in 1930. 

Source: www.wikipedia.org
Soboro2_large
NextNext
1900
1 / 14
2013

Military Temple - The Parliament

The St. Alexander Nevsky Military Cathedral of Tiflis was erected to commemorate the Russian victory in the Caucasus War against the North Caucasus mountainous peoples and was named after the medieval Russian Saint Alexander Nevsky. It was initially sponsored by the high priest of the Caucasian Army Sergey Gumilevsky, Military Governor Count Sheremetev and Grand Duke Mikhail Nikolayevich. It was constructed during the Imperial Russian rule from 1871-1872 and 1889–1897 and demolished by the Soviet authorities in 1930.

Source: www.wikipedia.org

Image Credit

Left Image:

  • Year: 1900
  • Source: burusi.wordpress.com
  • Photographer: Unknown

Right Image:

  • Year: 2013
  • Source: JumpStart Georgia
  • Photographer: Irakli Chumburidze

If you have any information on this picture, place or event, let us know.

Like Us!

Get updates for Speaking Stones and other visualizations!

9 9