PreviousPrevious
The park was opened in 1946 and is located in the Vake district of Tbilisi at the western end of Chavchavadze Avenue. The central axis of the park is presented by the memorial of the glory dedicated to the people killed in the World War II. A fountain and a round pool is located in the centre of the park.
Sculptural structures "Requiem" was completed in 1981 - 1985 by Gogi Ochiauri. 

The red sand gives the park a special charm as it is used for the walking paths in the park.

In May 2013, the rehabilitation of the park started.
Vakis-parkshi-kandakebebi_meomrebi2_large
NextNext
Year Unknown
23 / 23
2013

Vake Park Statues

The park was opened in 1946 and is located in the Vake district of Tbilisi at the western end of Chavchavadze Avenue. The central axis of the park is presented by the memorial of the glory dedicated to the people killed in the World War II. A fountain and a round pool is located in the centre of the park.
Sculptural structures "Requiem" was completed in 1981 - 1985 by Gogi Ochiauri.

The red sand gives the park a special charm as it is used for the walking paths in the park.

In May 2013, the rehabilitation of the park started.

Image Credit

Left Image:

  • Year: Year Unknown
  • Source: Unknown
  • Photographer: Goga Kartvelishvili

Right Image:

  • Year: 2013
  • Source: JumpStart Georgia
  • Photographer: Irakli Chumburidze

If you have any information on this picture, place or event, let us know.

Like Us!

Get updates for Speaking Stones and other visualizations!

100 100