PreviousPrevious
The first campus of Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University was built from 1900-1906 by the architect Svimon Kldiashvili. Its construction was funded by the famous Georgian sponsors Davit Sarajishvili, the brothers Zubalashvilis and by Constantine Bagration-Mukhranbatoni. The university was opened in 1918. 
 
Next to the first campus in 1940 the second University campus was also constructed by the architect M.Shavishvili that is very much alike to  the first one.

Source: Tbilisi.gov.ge
Universiteti-2-2_large
NextNext
Year Unknown
1 / 6
2013

Tbilisi State University

The first campus of Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University was built from 1900-1906 by the architect Svimon Kldiashvili. Its construction was funded by the famous Georgian sponsors Davit Sarajishvili, the brothers Zubalashvilis and by Constantine Bagration-Mukhranbatoni. The university was opened in 1918.

Next to the first campus in 1940 the second University campus was also constructed by the architect M.Shavishvili that is very much alike to the first one.

Source: Tbilisi.gov.ge

Image Credit

Left Image:

  • Year: Year Unknown
  • Source: burusi.wordpress.com
  • Photographer: Unknown

Right Image:

  • Year: 2013
  • Source: JumpStart Georgia
  • Photographer: Irakli Chumburidze

If you have any information on this picture, place or event, let us know.

Like Us!

Get updates for Speaking Stones and other visualizations!

82 82